eBlogzilla

Thursday, April 5, 2012

How to specify updateKey in Addon SDK v. 1.5

A couple of days ago I need to specify <em:updateKey> tag in install.rdf file. After some research I've realized that there is simply no way to do that. So, I've added necessary changes into the Addon SDK. You just need to replace three files in the SDK. You can download them from my site and place to the necessary place:

%SDK_HOME%/python-lib/cuddlefish/__init__.py
%SDK_HOME%/python-lib/cuddlefish/rdf.py
%SDK_HOME%/python-lib/cuddlefish/app-extension/install.rdf

Then just execute cfx xpi with --update-key "YOUR_KEY" argument and generated install.rdf file will contain <em:updateKey> tag with specified value.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

> "A couple of days ago I need to specify tag in install.rdf file. After some research I've realized that there is simply no way to do that."

You can use McCoy.

devunion said...

I can use McCoy just to add the key in install.rdf file. So, I need to do a couple of steps to get all work done:

1. Generate an extension from Addon SDK proejct.
2. Unpack the extension.
3. Patch install.rdf with McCoy tool.
4. Pack the extension again with updated install.rdf file.

My solution allows to create ready XPI project in one basic step:

you can write batch (or shell) script with full command and just call this script in one click.

This way is much more faster.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid --update-key is not supported under add-on SDK 1.8.

Does anybody know a feasible way to automate signing an XPI file from command line in a equivalent manner to McCoy?

I've googled and can't find any information about this.